Monday, August 31, 2015

Halloweenie!!

Everywhere I go the shops are full of autumn and Halloween stuff..and it suddenly looks fantastic!! Isn't it weird how every year I suddenly crave ORANGE in my house? Not normally a color I want to sprinkle around the house, but every fall it just seems irresistible to plop pumpkins and leaves everywhere.

I'm equally seduced by designing Halloween stuff. I thought I was "done for the season". But then I  had an opportunity to participate in a cross stitch "Harvest Market Hop" event, and decided to do one MORE Halloween design. And it was so much FUN!!!

Here's a sneak peek photo of our new "Halloweenie" kit. Yea, didn't have any brilliant inspirations for a name and "Halloweenie" kept running through my head, so I went with it.


"Halloweenie" Limited Edition kit includes 2 quickie little projects: pillow (left peek) and bitty fob (right peek). I love adding fun little bonus fobs to my designs. I might even have to use one for MYSELF sometime instead of sending them on the road in my trunk shows! I have a couple sweet fobs that were gifts, and those keep my scissors handy, but never use my own designs...weird.

Our "Halloweenie" Limited Edition kit is debuting at a new online event September 10-12. It's called Harvest Market Hop and it's a "virtual" market for needlework retailers to shop from a bunch of designers. Sorry, this event is not for consumers. It's "filling in" for an actual fall market this year. 

But...you can view the Harvest Market Hop Facebook page NOW and see a lot of sneak peek photos from designers that are participating. Check it out! More designers are posting sneak peeks daily.

If you'd like "Halloweenie" to visit/haunt your autumn home, let your favorite needlework retailer know to place their orders at the Harvest Market Hop from Sept. 10-12. Those retailers ordering during the online show will get "first chance" at this Limited Edition kit. 

Here's what we're including in Halloweenie Limited Edition Kit:
* 28 ct. Amber linen for pillow
* Orange/black polka dot fabric for pillow finishing
* Funky green/orange rick rack for pillow finishing
* 2 sets of googly eyes (1 for pillow, 1 for fob)
* Complete finishing instructions for pillow and fob
You supply a bit of fabric from your stash to stitch the bitty fob. You can do something match like we did, or have fun and try something crazy and fun...just like Halloween!


At the L*K office (and at home!) we're busy prepping for this kit. We're going a little batty seeing DOTS as we cut the finishing fabric for the kit. These orange/black dots are so cute and cheerful, it's worth the effort.

The rick rack is also super fun. It's slimy limey green with some orange doodahs, and it's the perfect accent to the Halloweenie pillow. 


Several years ago I ordered a boatload of tiny yellow buttons for a Flip-it series...then changed my mind, and ended up using different embellishments. We're diving into the yellow button bag for this kit, and using them to make googly eyes - fun and easy!

Happy Halloweenie, everyone...it's coming before we know it!









1 comment:

  1. I love the bright blue color you used! I have often wondered if you use your own designs and if you hang any in your home?

    ReplyDelete