Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Which came first...the chick or the egg?

Question: Which came first...the chicken or the egg OR the chick and egg cross stitch from Lizzie*Kate????

#181 Chick Party

Answer: Doesn't matter, this cross stitch is super CUTE and it's here NOW!

AND...we have a wonderful new finishing post so you can finish your little egg just like ours!



These finishing instructions are brought to you by Mona, our good friend and finisher extraordinaire. If you see a finish other than a frame on an L*K design, you know Mona is the "magic" behind the finishing scenes. Hence her biz name - Magic by Mona.

And it is magic for me...because I hate to sew! I know...it sounds weird, but sewing and cross stitch are not at all the same thing. I CAN sew, but I don't really enjoy the process, except when I'm finished.  Back in the day, my Mom taught me sew and I sewed a lot of my own clothes. Heck, I was even a Home Economics Liberal Arts major in college - believe it or not. (That's a fun quirky fact I pull out sometimes to amaze my friends!). Would you believe the Home Ec department has been renamed Human Ecology?

So click on over to Magic by Mona (link above) and find her super helpful egg finishing instructions. You'll find the egg template on the L*K website under the Free Designs button on left of Home Page. It looks like pic below. Then click on egg, download and print.



Our Free Designs page looks like pic above. Find the egg, download and print



Then head over the Mona's site for all of the written instructions with some amazing pictures to help tell the egg-cellent story!



Mona really does make it look easy with her great tutorials. And the step by step pics...so helpful!



And here's the final result...artfully photographed on my placemat! Haven't unboxed the Easter gear at home yet.


All of this "egg" talk reminds me of a kit I did a couple years ago. I adored this little egg finish, and was excited to display it at home. Unfortunately, I lost it somewhere between photographing it and going to market. Pretty embarassing. So I did the next best thing. I made a large poster of it for market and displayed that. I thought maybe I would "uncover the egg" when we moved last year, but alas, no.


I guess the "yolk" was on me! That pesky wabbit must have made off with my egg when I wasn't looking. Yesterday I took my new egg to my local needlework shop (Heart's Desire in Wichita, Kansas) for safe keeping!









2 comments:

  1. I love all your work. I only buy LK. This is a very strange question but in the step by step pics there are monkey binder clips holding the piece together....where did you get the clips from? I've got a monkey lover in my home and would love to try and get them for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Mona's finishing, and your patterns!

    ReplyDelete