Thursday, September 26, 2013

Part 2 and more October goodies!

What's happening at L*K? We're shipping new designs on October 4, so things are humming around here. The Boxers are piling up in anticipation of their date with the shipping table.


Sadly, all the other new releases aren't here yet...YIKES! They're all marooned at the printer where they're having equipment problems. They've promised delivery soon and we may have to call in some elves this weekend to get everything sacked and assembled in time. I sense a Mexi-food emergency, because Mexi-food is my go-to for extra energy and stress control!

Here's what's coming to your favorite needlework shop in October!


Part 1 Holly & Hearts Mystery Sampler
Here's the cover! Look closely and you can catch more sneak peeks of the whole mysterious stitchery. The little Christmas bird (center of pic) is included in the Part 2 design. If you haven't joined in the mystery club, it's never too late. Just contact your LNS to order the charts, and optional fabric and fiber packs. Just for this project, L*K is in the fiber and fabric biz, and are providing the "whole deal", just to make your lives easier.


#161 Flora McSample's 2013 Stockings
Flora is our young sampler friend, and every year she designs a set of Christmas ornaments. This year she decided to do little stockings, and we're glad she did! Chartpak includes set of 3 mini-stocking patterns, as well as embellishments (buttons and beads) for all 3 projects. These stockings are small, but they're BIG on vintage charm and holiday spirit!


#160 Life is Not Measured
We've had a lot of requests for this wonderful saying, so here it is! It's not too big and not too small, just a satisfying size to stitch...and enjoy for many years!


B45 Good Friends are Like Angels Inspiration Boxer
Amen! The older I get, the more I value my friendships...both long-time friends and precious new friends! Kit includes 30 ct. natural linen, hand-dyed muted blue flower buttons and a tiny golden heart for the bonus "Angel" design.


What is THIS? I know it has NOTHING to do with the rest of this post, but I wanted to share my passion for "playing with my food". I made these cute little Twinkie school buses last week for a church event with a Back to School theme. Let me tell you...there aren't a lot of school themed things to do with food! 

I found this project on Pinterest (of course!) and got to work sawing the fronts off some Twinkies to turn them into buses. They would have looked much lovelier if I had bothered to put frosting in a pastry bag, blah, blah, blah, but everyone loved them. And we're still enjoying the remainder of the giant bag of M & M's I bought for the wheels!

The wheels on the bus go round and round.....



10 comments:

  1. Love these ideas AND the school buses. My husband is a bus driver, so they were very appropriate! Can't wait for #160, Life is not Measured!
    Glenda, North Manchester, IN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest little buses! What a great idea!
    I also love the new releases, and I think the Inspiration Boxer is lovely. I appreciate that it isn't "religious" because I have customers that either aren't religious, or of different faiths, that want something of this nature, but not Christian oriented. Once again, you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though the Inspiration Boxer is lovely, design #160 is the one I meant to highlight in my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have part one of the mystery sampler but haven't had a chance to start it yet. I've been covered up with other projects. I can't wait for part 2 and 3.

    Love the school buses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars!!! I love ALLL the new releases coming out and those school buses are just sooooo delicious looking!!!

    Keep up the great work designing!!! (You're keeping me busy buying the newest releases when they come out!!) I just wished I lived closer to ask you if I could help you assemble all the new releases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the finishes and the sentiments behind them. Your designs are a true joy to stitch.
    TFS,
    Jackie:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the buses! So cute...
    Also the stockings are so sweet! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell little Flora that I love, love her stockings!! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sitting down and starting Holly & Hearts tonight. Love the design and color selections. You design such lovely things!

    ReplyDelete