Friday, December 16, 2011

Freaky Friday!

WARNING!  Do not proceed to read if you are squeamish about MINOR medical procedures!  Just close this post and wait until the next one appears. The next post will be about something sweet and holiday-ish and probably needlework related!

If you dare to continue, I wanted to share about my recent adventure at the dermatologist. To make a long (potentially boring) story short, I had a suspicious brown spot on my arm. I thought it was a freckle, my doc thought it was a big freckle and the derm wanted to have a closer look. After a little biopsy, and inconclusive lab work, they decided to take a bigger bite out of my arm...just to be sure.


I seem to be more and squeamish about medical stuff as I get older, so when I came home from the derm a week ago with this icky stitchery on my arm, I wasn't too thrilled!  And it is my STITCHING (translation - working) arm! At least I didn't have to cut any fabric all week. I wasn't supposed to put pressure on it, or lift stuff.  That rotary cutter takes a bit of muscle as I propel it through several layers of linen. Unfortunately, no one else cut those giant bolts of fabric this week, either!

Anyway, just returned from the derm, got the scary (very itchy!) stitches out, and I am good to go. The lab work came back good (praise the Lord!) and I'm anxious for the little stitchy marks on my arm to plump up and fade away. 


All I want for Christmas is...stitches on my new cross stitch designs...and not on my arm!

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad the biopsy came back negative...so scary...I hate going to the doctor :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, I sympatize with you about medical procedures, just not my cup of tea :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the good report! I have had some places come up and have had biopsies done. It is scary...I think your stitching looks better than what the doctor did on your arm!! lol Take it easy and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! not the stitching arm! I had a mole removed last week in the same area but the dermatologist punched out a hole so no stitches! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything turned out well in the end! Amazing how something so small can turn into something big and scary! Hope it heals real fast!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vitamin E oil is good for healing scars quickly. Glad it turned out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Palmer's Cocoa Butter is the best for help with the scar. It smells yummy too. Glad for the good report. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear the good news, and glad for you that that the icky, itchy stitches are gone! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching probably would have looked more delightful. Maybe you should send the derm one of your beautiful needlework kits in order to practice his/her sewing technique. I am glad everything turned our okay. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete