Friday, November 2, 2018

It's THANKFUL time!

Halloween has passed in a blur of sugar cookies (I'm trying to learn how to make the pretty kind!), scary movies (well, not TOO scary), and my favorite fun-sized candy bars.

Frosting pastry bag 101 - their expressions reflect how I feel holding a pastry bag

FUN "Old timer" FACT:
Can you believe fabulous fun-sized candy bars weren't even invented when I was a youngster? I know! Not until 1968 were these delicious bite-size wonders invented with Snickers and Milky Way being the first to the "tiny party". On the other hand, in the olden days we used to score entire candy bars, if we were lucky!

Can you believe it will be Thanksgiving in only 3 weeks???
I sure can't!! I'm still cutting outdoor flowers and bringing them inside to enjoy.

We're hosting the annual Thanksgiving gathering at our house this year. Sarah and Jeff (daughter and son-in-law) will be home from Chicago and my brother, sis-in-law and nephews will complete our not too big gathering.

Our spatchcocked bird!

As usual I will trust the turkey to Jeff (those big raw birds completely gross me out) and Sarah and I will tackle the remainder. The last time Jeff was in charge he spatchcocked our big bird. If you don't know what that is, look it up. Our festive bird was flattened out like road kill and he tasted great.


Give Thanks Free Design

Here's a little Thanksgiving freebie that you can complete before the big day. I'm sure you've got tons of cooking and holiday prep on your schedule, but...there's always time for a quick stitch. And if you don't get to it this year, Thanksgiving rolls around every November!

Here is the link to the actual pattern.

****And ONE more thing...the miniature experts over at Zappy Dots just added a Moon Over Blackbird Needle Nanny to their L*K collection. This little dot matches the autumn freebie I shared with you on a previous post (picture below). It's amazing how adorable a design looks on a tiny magnetic dot...and it's useful, too.



Moon Over Blackbird freebie

In case you missed it earlier, here's the link to the Moon Over Blackbird freebie pattern

Enjoy your November, everyone!











12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the freebies! And a blessed and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebies! Your cookies look great!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for the patterns, they are so appreciated. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for the charts, they are so appreciated. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing your patterns with us! I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies are so cute!

    I actually knew what "spatchcocking" means. We did a chicken on the grill that way once...and it was delicious.

    Thank you for the freebie!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the freebie. Cookies look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cookies and thank you for the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy,adorable cookies!!
    But honestly...the turkey scares me. I hope it was delicious though! :)
    And thank you so much for the adorable stitch!
    Can't wait to stitch it up because it looks to be a quick one! A sweet little gift for whoever volunteers to cook the feast on Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the beautiful pattern and I wish you a beautiful family get together. The cookies are awesome looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I've been following your website for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a
    shout out from Dallas Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the free pattern. Wishing your and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete