Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stitch-less in Wichita!

No, not those kind of STITCHes! As always, my desk is over-flowing with new cross STITCH projects here at L*K. I'm just excited to report that my knee STITCHes came out last week, and the ortho doc says I'm a star patient.  I'm still hanging out a couple times a week with the PT guys, but I'm starting to do stairs the "normal way", instead of the snail-paced one step at a time method. Which is a good thing, since my office is on the 2nd floor of our little L*K building. Henry still beats me to the top every time, and looks over his shoulder to see if I'm coming!


SPRING is in full swing here at the L*K office and in Wichita!  With high temps predicted between 75 and 80 degrees ALL week, the grass is greening and I can see blooming pear trees from my office window. Some of my herbs even survived the winter and are ready to cut and cook!


And my desk is adorned with the yearly infusion of shamrock (oxalis) plants. I LOVE these little plants that always appear in the store near St. Pat's in March. The 4-sided leaves open up for the sun and close their doors when evening comes...and they have dainty white flowers a couple times a year.


It's the perfect day for lunch on the patio...that's halfway between our house and our L*K headquarters (behind me in photo). The patio is smack in the middle of our commute. Ah...a glass of iced tea, lunch with my hubbie, (dog laying underneath table)...springtime is great!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I do miss Spring in Wichita/Derby. Possible chance for light snow end of the week, Spring does usually arrive until late into May.

    So glad to hear that you have had a very speedy and successful recovery. Enjoy the sunshine and sweet breezes.

    Keep on stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're on the mend! I adore your designs and LOVE reading your blog. Springtime is my favorite time of year and I can't wait to take my son and dog out later for a walk around the neighborhood!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're healing up well. Kudos to you for being a STAR patient ;-) Your doggie is adorable. Unseasonably warm temps here in IL this week. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete